FOREIGN ALBANOLOGISTS FOR THE ARBANASI LANGUAGE OF ZADAR
In this scientific work will be followed and evaluated the contribution of albanologists and foreign Balkanology scholars who study the dialect of the Arbanasi of Zadar - this small portion of dialect, necessarily separated from the trunk of the Albanian language in the first half of the XVIII century, but partially preserved to this day. In the light of learning and studying this linguistic matter, closely related to sociolinguistic, educational, historical, political factors, etc., it is important to see the first attempts and achievements of these linguistic traces, which belong to three foreign linguists: Slovenian professor Franz Miklosich, German professor Gustav Weigand and Italian professor Carlo Tagliavini. In this study, however, will be treated some modest but precious efforts of these three scholars who contributed for the isoglosses of the dialectal area of the Arbanasi of Zadar, which this means they contributed for the Albanian language at a time when the first chapters of the Albanian language studies and its importance within the Balkan and comparative linguistics had just been drawn up and aligned. The works of the aforementioned linguists, published in foreign languages, such as German and Italian, besides their considerable scientific weight, they also had historical echoes since the marked an affirmation for the Albanian language and Albanians even in international relations.
Keywords: Arbanasi, Zadar, foreign albanologists, areal, Albanian language.
Ajeti, I. (1961). Istorijski razvitak gegijskog govora Arbanasa kod Zadra, Sarajevo.
Blaku, M. (2010). Ndikimi i shqipes mbi të folmet serbe të Kosovës, Prishtinë.
Mulaku, L. (2005). E folmja e Shalës së Bajgorës, Prishtinë.
Stipceviq, A. (2012). Kultura tradicionale e arbneshve të Zarës, Prishtinë.
Demiraj, Sh. (2004). Ghuhësi ballkanike, Tiranë.
Mujaj, H. (2012). Kërkime sociolinguistike, Prishtinë.
How to Cite
1. In consideration of the undertaking set out in paragraph 2, and upon acceptance by ANGLISTICUM for publication of the manuscript in the Journal, I/We hereby assign and transfer publication rights to ANGLISTICUM, whereas I/We retain the copyright for the manuscript. This assignment provides ANGLISTICUM the sole right and responsibility to publish the manuscript in its printed and online version, and/or in other media formats.
2. In consideration of this assignment, ANGLISTICUM hereby undertakes to prepare and publish the manuscript in the Journal, subject only to its right to refuse publication if there is a breach of the Author’s warranty in paragraph 4 or if there are other reasonable grounds.
3. Editors and the editorial board of ANGLISTICUM are empowered to make such editorial changes as may be necessary to make the Manuscript suitable for publication.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge that: (a) The manuscript submitted is an original work and that I/We participated in the work substantively and thus I/We hereby are prepared to take public responsibility for the work; (b) I/We hereby have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted and that the manuscript has not either been published, submitted or considered for publication elsewhere; (c) The text, illustration, and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
5. I/We hereby indemnify ANGLISTICUM and the respective Editors of the Journal as mentioned in paragraph 3, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occasioned by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright infringement, or any suit arising out of any breach of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of the manuscript.