Contracts - Their Role in the Marketing Chain
Basic goal of this benchmark is to provide a theoretical background not only for analysis of specific contracts in agriculture that should operate between producers (agents) and processors (Principal). Normally, for an explanation of this issue, must rely on principal agent theory, theory which provides important explanations for the necessity of the system of contracting between producers and processors, and why not, to proceed with the need for integration (horizontal, vertical perhaps conglomerate) in agribusiness industries. This theory deals with situations in which an economic entity, in case the total processing industry, but not limited to, (the principal) of "delegate" responsibilities (tasks) an agricultural producer of raw materials (the agent). Delegation of tasks that the agent makes decisions that affect not only their activity but also on its own principal. Normally, in a principal-agent relationship, the latter is threatened by formal or informal contracts that represent the interests of the principal in exchange for a fee.
Keywords: contracts, farmers, costs, price, producer.
How to Cite
1. In consideration of the undertaking set out in paragraph 2, and upon acceptance by ANGLISTICUM for publication of the manuscript in the Journal, I/We hereby assign and transfer publication rights to ANGLISTICUM, whereas I/We retain the copyright for the manuscript. This assignment provides ANGLISTICUM the sole right and responsibility to publish the manuscript in its printed and online version, and/or in other media formats.
2. In consideration of this assignment, ANGLISTICUM hereby undertakes to prepare and publish the manuscript in the Journal, subject only to its right to refuse publication if there is a breach of the Author’s warranty in paragraph 4 or if there are other reasonable grounds.
3. Editors and the editorial board of ANGLISTICUM are empowered to make such editorial changes as may be necessary to make the Manuscript suitable for publication.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge that: (a) The manuscript submitted is an original work and that I/We participated in the work substantively and thus I/We hereby are prepared to take public responsibility for the work; (b) I/We hereby have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted and that the manuscript has not either been published, submitted or considered for publication elsewhere; (c) The text, illustration, and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
5. I/We hereby indemnify ANGLISTICUM and the respective Editors of the Journal as mentioned in paragraph 3, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occasioned by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright infringement, or any suit arising out of any breach of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of the manuscript.