The Albanian National Political Party in the USA (1917-1920) – The First Albanian Political Party Created in Diaspora After the Proclamation of Independence and the Creation of the Independent Albanian State
This study aims to analyze analytically an important aspect of the Albanian political life; the political and organizational pluralism, outside the Albanian borders. Historic resources indicate the existence of political parties in the Albanian territories, outside of today’s boundaries and in Diaspora, in the early 20th century. In order to shed light on the truth related to what has mentioned above, the object of this paper is treating the creation of a party in the Albanian Diaspora in the USA, The Albanian National Political party. It was founded on 27th of August 1917 at Worcester Mass and directed by Sevasti and Kristo Dako. It was the first Albanian political party created in Diaspora after the Albania’s Declaration of Independence and the creation of an independent Albanian state. This party aimed to defend the Albanian territorial integrity and the Albanian State from the risk that was threatening Albania, in the Conference of Ambassadors in London. Its activity consisted in protesting over the injustices made to Albania in this conference, and also sending a delegate in Washington D.C. This Party aimed to reach a better recognition of Albania’s matters among the diplomatic circles, and win the support of the USA in protecting Albania.
Keywords: Diaspora, Albanian case, political organization, support, international factor.
How to Cite
1. In consideration of the undertaking set out in paragraph 2, and upon acceptance by ANGLISTICUM for publication of the manuscript in the Journal, I/We hereby assign and transfer publication rights to ANGLISTICUM, whereas I/We retain the copyright for the manuscript. This assignment provides ANGLISTICUM the sole right and responsibility to publish the manuscript in its printed and online version, and/or in other media formats.
2. In consideration of this assignment, ANGLISTICUM hereby undertakes to prepare and publish the manuscript in the Journal, subject only to its right to refuse publication if there is a breach of the Author’s warranty in paragraph 4 or if there are other reasonable grounds.
3. Editors and the editorial board of ANGLISTICUM are empowered to make such editorial changes as may be necessary to make the Manuscript suitable for publication.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge that: (a) The manuscript submitted is an original work and that I/We participated in the work substantively and thus I/We hereby are prepared to take public responsibility for the work; (b) I/We hereby have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted and that the manuscript has not either been published, submitted or considered for publication elsewhere; (c) The text, illustration, and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
5. I/We hereby indemnify ANGLISTICUM and the respective Editors of the Journal as mentioned in paragraph 3, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occasioned by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright infringement, or any suit arising out of any breach of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of the manuscript.