Shkodra's "Heng" and its preservation by Gjakova's "Aheng"
At least 300 of 393 “Heng's” songs were recorded during 1955-56 years today anyone can find, hear and record in city of Gjakova. This is a reason why Gjakova and gjakovars considered a big and strong guardians of Shkodra's "Heng" songs. All our tradition, not just Gjakova's, is very lucky because Shkodra's "Heng" songs arrived in Gjakova before year 1955, because after, all these songs was Recorded in cleaning variants, without barbarisms. Today, we have a priceless value, the complete – Shkodra's "Heng", cleaned and recorded, but we lack "Heng's" songs in their original version - the first version until 1955, almost all the songs of Shkodra's "Heng" not only that had already "arrived" in Gjakova, but they have been regularly played over 30 years by the band of Ymer Riza. So, today, you can hear only in Gjakova, for example the song, "Lulja prej lules ban ferk" ("Not two flowers are the same”) and absolutely not in any other Albanian cities. Based on the archival documentary research, the analysis of songs creation time and musical activities of Shkodra and Gjakova's music bands and the data collected in the field, the first song carried from Shkodra's "Heng" and inserted in Gjakova's music (there was no organized "heng" at that time) was brought from Shkodra around the beginning of the 19th century by Hamëz Kovaçi – Çarkaxhiu, who is also considered as the leader of the first Gjakova taif, in the first half of the 19th century, and a close friend to Kolë Qorri.
Keywords: Shkodra's Heng, Gjakova's Aheng, Songs, Recording, Conservation, Cleaning song, Song Collection, etc.
How to Cite
1. In consideration of the undertaking set out in paragraph 2, and upon acceptance by ANGLISTICUM for publication of the manuscript in the Journal, I/We hereby assign and transfer publication rights to ANGLISTICUM, whereas I/We retain the copyright for the manuscript. This assignment provides ANGLISTICUM the sole right and responsibility to publish the manuscript in its printed and online version, and/or in other media formats.
2. In consideration of this assignment, ANGLISTICUM hereby undertakes to prepare and publish the manuscript in the Journal, subject only to its right to refuse publication if there is a breach of the Author’s warranty in paragraph 4 or if there are other reasonable grounds.
3. Editors and the editorial board of ANGLISTICUM are empowered to make such editorial changes as may be necessary to make the Manuscript suitable for publication.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge that: (a) The manuscript submitted is an original work and that I/We participated in the work substantively and thus I/We hereby are prepared to take public responsibility for the work; (b) I/We hereby have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted and that the manuscript has not either been published, submitted or considered for publication elsewhere; (c) The text, illustration, and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
5. I/We hereby indemnify ANGLISTICUM and the respective Editors of the Journal as mentioned in paragraph 3, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occasioned by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright infringement, or any suit arising out of any breach of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of the manuscript.