ANGLICISMS AND THEIR USE BY ALBANIAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
English language as an international language is used as a Lingua Franca in a global level. Albanian and English language belong to two different language families and they are therefore quite different in different linguistic levels. Despite of this, many words with English origin were borrowed into Albanian language and most of them are accommodated in a way that they are not considered anymore as words with foreign origin. Nowadays, as we live in the era of technology and Internet, the spread of English words is common, especially among young students. They use them as part of their communication between them, but not only. They encounter English words in their school books, and they hear English words at school, especially when talking to their friends. The problem of language change has the root in the inappropriate and uncontrolled use of the language by all Albanian speakers, especially by journalists, publishers and editors, who through their work have the ability to easily spread new words.
Keywords: Anglicisms, foreign words, elementary school students, teachers, Albanian language, English language.
Lloshi, Xh. (2009). Ndërhyrja e huazimeve nga anglishtja. IIIrd International Seminar of Albanology – State University of Tetova.
Nuhiu,V. (2008). Shqipja dhe huazimet angleze sot. Thesis. Kosova, nr. 1, Prishtina.
Shehu, H. (2009). Çështje të gjuhës së folur të mjeteve të informimit masiv. IIIrd International Seminar of Albanology – State University of Tetova.
Thomai, J. (2011). Leksikologjia e gjuhës shqipe. TOENA, Tiranë.
How to Cite
1. In consideration of the undertaking set out in paragraph 2, and upon acceptance by ANGLISTICUM for publication of the manuscript in the Journal, I/We hereby assign and transfer publication rights to ANGLISTICUM, whereas I/We retain the copyright for the manuscript. This assignment provides ANGLISTICUM the sole right and responsibility to publish the manuscript in its printed and online version, and/or in other media formats.
2. In consideration of this assignment, ANGLISTICUM hereby undertakes to prepare and publish the manuscript in the Journal, subject only to its right to refuse publication if there is a breach of the Author’s warranty in paragraph 4 or if there are other reasonable grounds.
3. Editors and the editorial board of ANGLISTICUM are empowered to make such editorial changes as may be necessary to make the Manuscript suitable for publication.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge that: (a) The manuscript submitted is an original work and that I/We participated in the work substantively and thus I/We hereby are prepared to take public responsibility for the work; (b) I/We hereby have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted and that the manuscript has not either been published, submitted or considered for publication elsewhere; (c) The text, illustration, and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
5. I/We hereby indemnify ANGLISTICUM and the respective Editors of the Journal as mentioned in paragraph 3, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occasioned by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright infringement, or any suit arising out of any breach of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of the manuscript.